Fuel Consumption and Cost
Why Track Fuel Consumption and Cost?
Our studies of companies and organizations that use heavy machines show us that even in other wise well run companies, many have no good method of tracking what is most likely their largest single cost of operating machinery.
First let us try to answer a question we were recently asked by a good client. “Why should I track fuel use and cost? Tracking fuel does not change the cost and I have to have it.”
We found a number of answers to this important question
Improving Utilization of Heavy Machinery
The first step in improving anything is an accurate measurement or counting of the existing conditions. In some ways this is very similar to Land Improvement. If you want to change anything, it is critical to have benchmarks are existing measurements so that you can determine where to go and by how much.
Our studies of otherwise very well run businesses and governmental organizations many lack good tools to even give them basic information about the operation of assets that cost thousands or millions of dollars. The most common example of this we found is how many companies don’t know until the end of the year how machine hours they will use. You need to have forecast tools that will show you actionable data before the year is over and you cannot change the outcome!
Heavy Equipment Costing Menu
DecisiveCost Heavy suite features many tools to help you determine your true equipment lifecycle cost per hour. You can view some of the heavy equipment screens below:
- Heavy Fleet Selection
- Heavy Fuel Usage
- Heavy Under-Carriage
- Heavy Tire Wear Calculator
- Equipment Repair Reserve
- Equipment Rental Calculator
- Filter, Oil, and Grease (FOG) Calculator
- Job Bid Costs
- Equipment Operating Costs
DrillBoss Drill Rig Manager Menu
DrillBoss Drill Rig Manager suite features many tools to help your drill crews and project managers to Communicate, Schedule, Track, Record, Cost, Invoice all drilling and related activities. Includes Core Drilling, Reverse Circulation, Blasting. and other drilling types.
You can view some of the DrillBoss screens below:
- Schedule Work.
- Track Hole Progress.
- Record Work History.
- Cost Consumables and Bits.
- Cost Drilling Tools.
- Record Crew Hours.
- Log Extracted Core Results.
- Record Weather and Downtime.
- Project or Client Invoicing.
- Record Visitors and Results.
Software Tools to Manage Your Expensive Assets
1. DrillBoss Drill Rig Manager provides Drill Crews and Project Managers with the tools to Communicate, Schedule, Track, Record, Cost, Invoice all drilling and related activities. Includes Core Drilling, Reverse Circulation, Blasting. and other drilling types.
2. DecisiveCost© for Heavy Equipment is a revolutionary computer program that calculates the precise cost of each piece heavy equipment in your inventory. From a small skid loader to a large hydraulic excavator, DecisiveCost© will help you determine the owning and operating cost for each of your machines.
3. DecisiveCost for Trucks is the first tool in the world to calculate true trip costs. Each trip your trucks make cost you a different cost per mile. This tool permits you to know in advance how much a trip will cost. Calculates your trip cost in; cost per mile, cost per ton, cost per kilo, cost per cubic yard, or cost per hour.
- Click Here to Learn more about DecisiveCost for Trucks